Kintampo Invincible forces man kintampo waterfalls-chief
Nana Asah Guakro of Kintampo has said the Kintampo waterfalls is man by the ‘Kintampo Invincible forces’ until Sunday’s disaster.
Speaking on Kumasi based Abusua Fm Monday, the sub chief of Kintampo indicated the Kintampo invincible forces took over the tourist site right after the declaration of the 2016 election results.
The Kintampo waterfalls located in the Brong Ahafo region is to be shut down following Sunday’s disaster. For what has been recorded as an unprecedented occurrence, the tourist site’s big trees all fell trapping and killing 18 students who had been there for excursion with some others badly injured.
The sub chief said seizure of the facility had not augured well for the authority since all the experienced care takers of the facility were thrown out.
“As soon as the election results were declared, they forcefully took over saying same was done when the National Democratic Congress (NDC) took over in 2008”.
Nana Asah said all efforts to reach the government on the seizure of the tourist site proved futile having said “ upon contacting the leaders of the party, we were told the Kintampo invincible forces were adamant to heed to the call to evacuate the place”
Invincible forces is said to be a group of the ruling New Patriotic Party (NPP) mainly those that are referred to as foot soldiers of the party.
According to Nana, monies made were not accountable since the invincible force took over.
He however concluded that the Kintampo tourist site needed to be sanctified after the occurrence.
Source: Lily Ampofoa Annor|Kapital971.com