Sahara Energy donates to over 5o Central Market fire victims

    /    May 16, 2017   /     Ashanti, Business  /    0 Comments  /    116 Views

Over 5o traders who were victims of the recent fire incident at the Kumasi Central Market have received 100 bags of Cement and an amount of Ghc 10,000 to cushion and reinstate them into trade.

The donation which was done by Sahara Energy has been described by the traders as surprising, as according to them, since the incident, no government official or authority has been assisted either in kind or cash.

The Country Manager of Sahara Energy, Tosin Etomi explaining their motive for the donation to Kapital Business said Small and Medium Scale businesses should not be downplayed as they are the drivers of the country’s economy.

“The ability to be empathetic to certain situations is what motivate us as an organization…What is influence if you cannot positively use that to better the lot our brothers, what is success if there is no one to share it with, what is success if people around you cannot enjoy it?” He questioned, saying they premise these principles to drive themselves as an organization.

Mr. Etomi urged other corporate bodies to ensure their dealings impact the societies in which they operate positively.

Meanwhile, Auntie Pokua who received the donation on behalf of the traders also called on other bodies to come to their aid.

“We were not expecting this, even those whose mattress caused the fire have not minded us since the incident. Most of us who were affected are parents, taking children through school and so we really need help”, adding that, it didn’t matter  how small a donation is, they will gladly receive it with appreciation.

Background

Fire gutted a three-storey building housing several businesses including the Asante Akim Rural Bank at Roman Hill near the Kumasi Central Market in Kumasi on April 10, 2017.

The fire believed to have started at 1 p.m on Monday was triggered by a  KIA truck loaded with mattresses which sparked fire after the mattresses came into contacts with an electric cable.

The swift response of the Fire Service could not prevent the destruction of shops that deal mainly in flammable and combustible wares.

Suraya Alidu Malititi| kapital971.com

Leave a Reply

FLS

World

  • VIDEO: Brazilian baby walks minutes after leaving the womb
  • Trump holds first face-to-face talks with Pope Francis
  • Taiwan’s top court rules in favour of same-sex marriage
  • Manchester attack: Three more arrests in bomber investigation
  • Manchester attack: 22 dead and 59 hurt in suicide bombing
  • Indonesia’s Aceh: Two gay men sentenced to 85 lashes

Find us on Facebook

Featured Video

Featured Video

1