Tema Youth gains promotion to the Ghana Premier League
Division One league club Tema Youth has gained promotion to the Ghana Premier league after the appeals committee ruled in their favour against Dreams FC.
The committee chaired by Mr. Cosmas Anpengnuo came to a conclusion that per Article 3a (5) (a) of the Ghana Football Association (GFA) General Regulations, Dreams FC will lose three (3) points to Tema Youth for fielding an ineligible playing and also lose another three (3) as a punishment.
The decision was arrived at as a result of the Court of Arbitration for Sport’s (CAS) instruction to the GFA to review the decision of the Appeals Committee in the matter of Tema Youth vs Dreams FC dated 5th November, 2015.
Below is the complete decision of the Appeals Committee:
- That this matter is properly before the committee and the committee has jurisdiction to determine the review application.
- That the player CUDJOE MENSAH was unqualified to play in the match between TEMA YOUTH FOOTBALL CLUB and DREAMS FOOTBALL CLUB on 25/07/15 in the 24th week of the 2014/2015 GN BANK Division One League Zone 3 match played at KWEIMAN.
- That the representation of the player as CUDJOE MENSAH for registration by the GFA when the player had earlier registered as DANIEL GOZAR is irregular and renders the registration as CUDJOE MENSAH void.
- That DREAMS FC is liable for the irregular registration CUDJOE MENSAH.
- That DREAMS FC is hereby declared loser of the match YOUTH FC and DREAMS FC in the 24th week of the Division one League zone 3 match played on 25/07/15.
- That TEMA YOUTH FC shall be awarded three (3) points and three (3) goals as per Article 34 (2) of the GFA General Regulations.
- That DREAMS FC shall lose three (3) points from the club’s accumulated points from other previous matches played in the 2014/2015 GN BANK Division One League competition in accordance with Article 3a(5)(a) of the GFA General Regulations.
- That by reason of our decision stated at paragraphs 5, 6 and, 7, the winner of the GN BANK Division One League Zone 3 competition shall replace DREAMS FC in the Premier League for the 2016/2017 premier League season.
- That DREAMS FC is hereby fined two thousand five hundred Ghana cedis (GH12500.00), 50% of which shall be paid to TEMA YOUTH FC in accordance with Article 34(5) (a) of the GFA General Regulations.
- That IBRAHIM DOSSEY ADAM of DREAMS FC who signed the release letter of CUDJOE MENSAH on behalf of DREAMS FC is hereby banned from holding any office in the GFA or in any club affiliated to the GFA for a period of five (5) years with effect from the date of this decision.
I l. That MUMLTNI MALIK of BOTWEY YOUTH FC who signed the release letter of CUDJOE MENSAH to DREAMS FC is hereby banned from holding any office in the GFA or in any club affiliated to the GFA for a period of five (5) years with effect from the date of this decision.
The committee added that “The reasons for this decision shall be made available on a later date”.
Dreams FC in the season in question had 56 points to lead the zone 3 with Tema Youth coming second with 49 points.
Afia Acheampong | kapital971.com